power drain after wifi connection

Alfa21-mobile freerunner at my.is.it
Fri May 27 09:35:57 CEST 2011

>> I am quite sure they are not called after disconnect. I think that the kernel
>> is responsible to turn wifi off in suspend (unless you want to keep it on during
>> suspend e.g. for wake-on-wlan function).
>
> Yes, in suspend the kernel turns off the module completely, it
> shouldn't drain anything, at least it never used to.

ok, after some testing sessions I can confirm a unbind/bind cycle can
be used as workaround and the battery is in safe.
also empirically, I feel my gta02 gets warm a little when in stdby if
I do not unbind, removing the rear cover, in the area between the
battery and the "smile" hole.
instead if I never use wifi or unbind/rebind after the use, it keeps
the normal (ambient) temperature.