The idea of making the MOKO tab

elf Pavlik perpetual-tripper at wwelves.org
Wed Nov 9 21:00:03 CET 2011

Excerpts from RANJAN's message of 2011-11-09 19:49:23 +0000:
> Hello All,
>
> Just got an Idea. I think we can make a Moko Tab (an open source tablet
> phone/PC) from the existing opensource hardware and the ones related to
> GSM,Wifi,bluetooth from OpenMoko FR.
>
> Take a look at the parts that you can find.
> http://imgur.com/NCkp9

> http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10724
> Tiny GPS with module and antenna
> http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10890
> 25$ Linux computer at the size of a USB Flash stick
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/pcb1.jpg
>
> The rest of the hardware can be taken from the previous moko. I think the
> idea of the first truly open source tablet PC should be realized.
>
> Sincerely
> Sriranjan

Hi,

Someone have just showed me yesterday this one:
http://wetab.mobi/en/

It says 'Open Software, Open Hardware' but don't seam to me like open source hardware...
Still it runs version of MeeGo as you can see on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOBUdiPZ1hA

Cheers!
~ elf Pavlik ~