Sharing TSM30 source

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Nov 16 16:06:49 CET 2011

> I badly need to set up a new FTP server with bigger disks and a newer
> ftpd that supports REST, so that I can put *everything* I have online.
> But I can't stomach PC hardware, at least not in my machine room: I'm
> OK with x86 laptops and *maybe* desktop workstations, but an x86
> server is a no-no for me.

I'm not sure what's your objection to x86 servers, but I use an Asus
WL700ge for a somewhat similar circumstance.  It's very low-power, but
is perfectly adequate for serving files over a DSL line.  It's got
a MIPS cpu, 64MB RAM, runs OpenWRT, and I put a 1TB drive in it (via
a small PATA->SATA bridge since the machine only has PATA but large
disks only come in SATA).

        Stefan