what do I install now?

dmatthews.org mail at dmatthews.org
Sat Nov 26 20:42:59 CET 2011

Hi Ben

> A while ago I began a very simple tutorial on how to write a "hello world" app for the
> SHR wiki :-
>  http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Developing%20your%20own%20applications
>
> Someone else then added a some very handy info about connecting to FSO. The
> idea was to show how to get started with Vala which should be easy to pick up for
> people with a little knowledge of Java.

Thanks - that is to me an intriguing article, since I'm very happy writing stuff in java /  groovy although I know no C / C++. I guess though that a Vala program assumes it will run under X and so is not an answer if you use qtmoko.

Nevertheless, this has got me thinking more about thoughts I had already.

I recently went back to using qtmoko after an extended try of SHR, which has come on in leaps and bounds although I found the way (at the moment) it (mis)handles text messages hugely annoying in the end. My attitude was I want to reduce my annoyance level with this charming device to about zero and I have more or less done that.

However it took a good long while researching various aspects of Freerunner lore which I found only wirh some difficulty, scattered over several places. Am I right to think there's a good case for a resource "ok I have a freerunner, now what". Or maybe the part of the whole world that has a freerunner already knows what to do and is more interested in gta-04 now.

I'd be happy to host something myself if there was no other place to collate this sort of information

--
David Matthews
mail at dmatthews.org