what do I install now?

Xavier Cremaschi omega.xavier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 10:35:42 CET 2011

On 26/11/2011 12:24, robin wrote:
> the problem I as a very "semi-skilled" programmer have with all of the
> distributions is that I haven't yet found any straight forward tutorials on how
> to create little apps/eg front ends for command line calls or so, so developing
> is out of range for me.

This is a problem for lots of free software projects :(

As a professional developer (my job) who works 5 days a week in a very
well known-to-me environment I would love to see more free software
projects having "dumb" tutorials to help bootstrapping and understanding
these new environments. Because it really takes lot of free time just to
go from
     "hey nice software, I would like to help"
     "ok now I can compile and run it in step-by-step mode on my own pc"

Xavier,