phone extraction device

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Sun Oct 2 21:33:13 CEST 2011

On 10/02/2011 07:36 PM, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 19:32, Alex Samorukov<ml at os2.kiev.ua>  wrote:
>> Now back to OpenMoko. It depends on distro you are using (i am qtmoko user)
>> but typically there is nothing but ssh running on USB (USB over Ethernet).
>> If you setting up root password - then you are safe. There is no way to
>> extract any data without restarting the phone (or by using debug board, what
>> is also not possible w/o removing cover). If you are very paranoiac about
>> this - you can store all data in encrypted way (using standard Linux tools
>> for this) and disable all storage on the SIM card.
> To be strict: On Freerunner there is also Calypso debug interface on
> headphones jack. So actually there are two things :)

Thank you for clarification - i forgot this. It is easy to "fix" by
physically breaking this circuit (Calypso <-> headphones jack) :)

But once again - from my point of view it does not make too much sense.
Because provider will always transfer all your calls information to the
government representatives.