linmodem

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Tue Oct 4 19:06:57 CEST 2011

Hi,
A while ago i tried to connect 2 freerunners over the GSM band.
But there was too much phase shift, to get a working signal, so i let it
rest for a while.
But last week i stumbled on this [1] page which stated that for a voice
call you need to
end the number with ;
so i tried it without the ; and you get a data call instead !
I managed to couple the two FR's in this way, but the connection is not
very stable.

Is there documentation on how to use the "data modem" part of the GSM modem?
I am looking for baudrates, compression, error correction etc.
So far i have it somewhat stable on +/- 1200 Baud, using tc to control
the bandwith.
(without it the modem will lockup, like it does when using gprs sometimes)

Kind regards,
Ed

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_GSM