U-Boot source versions

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Oct 5 10:43:04 CEST 2011

Sorry to bother y'all again with another stupid question...  I have
finally received my GTA02 hardware unit, and I'm starting to bring up
my software stack.  Starting with the bootloader.  I want to use U-Boot,
not Qi.  And I have two questions which I hope someone might be able to
help me with:

1. Which version/branch of U-Boot should I use?  I've tried looking at
   what's available on git.openmoko.org, found the u-boot.git tree, but
   there are several different branches in it, all appearing about
   equally recent, and all feature commit messages that look relevant
   to the GTA02.  Which is the good one to use?

2. How can I find the U-Boot source that *exactly* corresponds to what
   is already in the NOR flash from the factory?  It identifies itself
   as "U-Boot 1.3.2-moko12 (May  9 2008 - 10:28:48)".  I haven't been
   able to find a tag named moko12 in git, but maybe it's just my poor
   git skills.  U-Boot is GPL'ed...  Doesn't it require supplying the
   source that corresponds *exactly* to the binaries you ship?

Again, sorry to bother you all, but if someone can point me in the
right direction, it would help me a lot.

TIA,
MS