U-Boot source versions

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Wed Oct 5 18:57:29 CEST 2011

Gennady.Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com> wrote:

> Nice that you care about licenses,

More precisely, I care about freedom.  GPL's requirement of providing
the source simply happens to coincide with an identical requirement in
my personal belief system.

> no violation because link to sources
> is provided on wiki page

OK, never mind, it looks like I have found the link to your git repo: I
don't know why I missed it the first time, sorry about that.

Also looking at the commit tree in your git repo seems to have indirectly
answered my original question: please correct me if I missed something,
but it looks like what you have is simply a few of your own commits on
top of openmoko/stable, which is the "stable" branch from git.openmoko.org.
Did I get that right?  If so, it means the "good" branch in the
git.openmoko.org tree is the one named "stable", right?

When you had started your own branch and chose openmoko/stable as the
baseline, did you evaluate the others?  Does anyone know if they have
any merits over the stable branch?

> Sure you can stick to git.openmoko.org, but nobody maintain that git and
> it has few unfixed bugs.

I will most certainly look at your patches and I may indeed like them.
But I want to establish my baseline first.

MS