QtMoko running on GTA04

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Tue Oct 18 00:10:12 CEST 2011

On 10/17/2011 02:53 PM, Radek Polak wrote:
> Hi,
> today i finally received my GTA04. After 2 hours i made case. Then compiled
> kernel unpacked qtmoko v36 tar on SD card and it booted on first try to GUI.
>
> After calibration and initial settings it didnt started because of modem, but
> after editing /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env setting PHONE_VENDOR=Dummy and reboot it
> started just fine.

Hi Radek. Thank you for this news. I hope to see next OpemMOKO soon,
this slow and buggy gprs on old board is really killing me sometime.

I think that with all gps application and good webkit enabled browser 3G
openmoko will be really cool.  And i think that a lot of issues of
qtmoko are coming from modem bugs, so probably this hw update will help
a lot.