Sharing literki work

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 08:22:39 CEST 2011

2011/10/17 Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net>:
> Yes.  My idea about that is that I'd like the Input Method (IM) system to
> tell a small server program (which is pretending to be an IM engine) when
> keyboard input is needed, and then that program could run literki and make
> sure that it is on top.  Do you think that might work?

Well, yes if it implies mostly that existing literki is found and made
to be on top. Although, I feel that at least for FreeRunner purposes
ibus might be preetty heavy. Not sure though, and it is nice if
someone does things actually in a right way. For myself personally,
I'd just probably continue my "poor hack" approach of
https://github.com/tjyrinki/tihos and make literki to be on top every
time an application switch is done :) When I looked at it the last
time, and it was probably almost a year ago, I just didn't "find" the
literki from X resources, ie. it's not shown in the same list I
happened to find the other running X apps from. I don't know anything
about X so my approach is blind guessing around functions found in X
documentation or the (few) examples found on the web ;)

-Timo