xserver-xorg uses 100% CPU with Debian wheezy/sid

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at rigacci.org
Mon Oct 24 16:48:53 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 05:37:39PM +0300, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Niccolo Rigacci <niccolo at rigacci.org> writes:
> > When I start X everything seems fine, but as I touch the screen
> > the CPU usage by the X process, reaches 100%.
>
> This is a known issue I think.
>
> > X is starting on defaults, no xorg.conf file.
>
> How did you install the system? install.sh creates an xorg.conf that
> does not use tslib.

This is the origin of the problem: I installed from install.sh
some months ago: several thigs went wrong and I had to manually
adjust them.

Following the notes by Nikolaus Schaller I wrote an xorg.conf
which works nice, may be I will post it somewhere.

Perhaps a note on Debian Wiki should be added too?

--
Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy