GTA02: Should I install fso-frameworkd, fso-deviced or both?

Rico Rommel rico at bierrommel.de
Wed Oct 26 09:47:06 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2011, 09:35:59 schrieben Sie:
> Thanks Rico for your answer,
>
> > fso-frameworkd and fso-deviced both provide org.freesmartphone.odeviced
> > interface but in fso-framworkd it's disabled by default.
>
> If I understand well the two interfaces are not identical, i.e.
> the battery info is available at different nodes. In one case it
> is:
>
> org.freesmartphone.odeviced \
>     /org/freesmartphone/Device/PowerSupply/3 \
>     org.freesmartphone.Info.GetInfo
>
> in the other it is:
>
> org.freesmartphone.odeviced \
>     /org/freesmartphone/Device/PowerSupply/battery \
>     org.freesmartphone.Device.PowerSupply.GetInfo
>
> Is one interface preferred/deprecated/obsolete or whatever
> respect the other?
>
> I don't understant the rationale of that duplication.

frameworkd was the first implementation of the fso-stack, fsodeviced is part of
the second generation called cornucopia
http://wiki.freesmartphone.org/index.php/Implementations

That meens, fso-frameworkd is deprecated but not obsolete due to some modules
still missing in cornucopia (e.g. opimd)

In the future fso-frameword will be fully replaced by cornucopia daemons.

Rico