[QtMoko] landscape mode under QX

Francesco De Vita fdvjoif at vodafone.it
Tue Sep 13 12:51:16 CEST 2011

Il 12/09/2011 16:01, Radek Polak ha scritto:
> Hi,
> you can try:
>
> xinput set-int-prop "S3C24XX TouchScreen" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 107 918
> 911 98
> xinput set-int-prop "S3C24XX TouchScreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1

Hi Radek
Thanks for the suggestions.
To correctly rotate the screen this works:
    xrandr -o 1
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 0 1
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 0

and to bring back the screen in the original position:
    xrandr -o normal
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 0 0
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1

So with two simple scripts it is possible to switch the screen between
normal and landscape mode.
But there are some issues:
- when the screen is in landscape mode there is a little offset between
the cursor and the stylus (the cursor is a little below the area
effectively touched on the screen, is not very precise, I wonder why..);
- the screen flickers a little, maybe is it necessary to set a proper
refresh frequence?
- the scripts must be launched within xterm otherwise they do not work;
- for better result xterm must be launched using machbox otherwise, when
the screen is rotated, there is a black box on the right side (and it
seems to me that it has the same dimensions of the "docked keyboard" but
I don't know why xorg draws it), see screenshots below.

for example, if I want to run openttd, first I have to run xterm with
matchbox and then launch this script:
    #!/bin/sh
    killall matchbox-keyboard
    xrandr -o 1
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 0 1
    xinput set-int-prop "Touchscreen" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 0
    openttd

screenshots:
openttd launched in xterm:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8881/openttd.jpg
openttd launched in xterm with matchbox:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5232/openttdmatchbox.jpg

Regards
Joif