Writing my own Free Plain Phone sw distro for GTA02

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Sep 18 13:04:36 CEST 2011

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011 22:04:45 GMT, msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG wrote:

> weeks (intercontinental shipping and all).  But the real purpose of
> this
> introductory post of mine is to announce what I plan to do with it:
> my
> desire is to write my own from-scratch Free Plain Phone software
> distro
> for it.

That's an interesting post and new project, and I think I understand
your motivation.

On the GSM front, however, you may want to consider the DeforaOS code
at http://www.defora.org/os/project/browse/3343?file=/src.  It was also
written from scratch, in C, and to be minimal (compared to something
like FSO or oFono), and I think it may be small enough for you to feel
happy studying it instead of reimplementing it yourself.

Regards,
         Neil