[qtmoko] Cannot move message to Trash...

Gilles Filippini pini at debian.org
Mon Sep 19 23:10:48 CEST 2011

Gilles Filippini a écrit , Le 19/09/2011 16:27:
> I've switched to qtmoko some weeks ago, and I've been experiencing the
> above message since this morning with SMSs. I can't receive SMS nor
> delete them anymore.
>
> The full message is:
> "Cannot move message to %s. Either there is insufficient space, or
> another program is accessing the folders."
>
> I have qtmoko v35 installed both on NAND and on a 8GB microSD card. The
> error occurs when booting on the SD card. If I remove the SD card and
> boot on NAND, I can successfully receive and triage SMSs. Back to the SD
> card, the error happens again.
>
> Is there a place in the filesystem I could cleanup to get rid of this error?

[Solved]

After searching the entire filesystem I've found the qtmoko application
data into /home/root. I didn't expected this path since root's home is
/root (where I already looked for these data).

Anyway, SMSs appeared to be stored into a SQLite3 database located in
/home/root/Applications/qtopiamail/qtopia_db.sqlite

Deleting messages with SQL statements lead to the error message:
 Error: database disk image is malformed

Than I tried to dump and recreate the database, as suggested by the
SQLite FAQ:
 # echo '.dump' | sqlite3 qtopia_db.sqlite > mail.dump
 # mv qtopia_db.sqlite qtopia_db.sqlite.old
 # cat mail.dump | sqlite3 qtopia_db.sqlite

After restarting qtmoko I could manage my SMSs again.

Thanks,

_g.