[Gta04-owner] GTA04 Boot speed comparison

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Sep 21 20:12:15 CEST 2011

> Am 21.09.2011 um 19:29 schrieb Timo Juhani Lindfors:
>
>> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
>>> per second). Finally, the rootfs is a plain standard Debian Squeeze without any optimization
>>> for boot speed.
>>
>> This probably means it is armel and not armhf yet?
>
> Yes.
>
> BTW: what is armhf? Never heard that...

Sorry, now the dime has fallen...

	hf = hard float.

Good question. I don't know, but even float operations
run at significant speeups. I have some test application
that did calculate a Mandelbrot set on a Zaurus or on the GTA02
in approx. 250 seconds. On the GTA04 the same code (with
a armv4 cross-compiler! I.e.. no ARM 7 or NEON optimizations)
just needs 2 seconds.

So hard float may not be as important as it was.

Nikolaus