community Digest, Vol 254, Issue 2

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:36:10 CEST 2011

msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG (Michael Sokolov) writes:
> I am in a disadvantaged position because I have come to the party
> late.

You're a very smart fellow indeed, and your reasoning about the "holy
grail" being in the form of many object files seem to be correct
(though ELF is unlikely there). I can speculate that you being in a
"disadvantaged position" is probably not because you came late but
because you are willing to share "with everybody", and not just with
those whom you trust personally. As far as i can tell, this approach
is considered harmful (and inappropriate, impractical: it doesn't
provide much advantage while creating a considerable threat for the
project and for the reputation of the members) among those who
actually posses the materials. Also, your "fundamentalistic" attitude
is a bit scary: it's too uncommon and it doesn't feels predictable
enough, and you are to be predictable for the people to trust
you. That's all just my humble opinion of course, but that's how i
honestly see it. My advice is to start actively participating in the
OsmocomBB project when your device arrives.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com