debian + phoneui-apps

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:19:21 CEST 2012

2012/4/2 Brendon Schumacker <brendon.schu at gmail.com>:
> Unfortunately it seems I have killed my openmoko from playing with it
> too much.  Perhaps you have some advice for this?
>
> I can not start the phone with the regular power button anymore, it
> might show a red light for a moment on the aux button, but then it
> dies.  If I do aux + power I can get into NOR boot menu sometimes, but
> it will die again when I try to boot.
>
> Can you guess what the problem might be?

It sounds like it'd be functioning normally, the red light being the
Qi's only "UI". If you press AUX when the red light shows, or
alternatively just remove the SD card temporarily, it should boot from
the NAND flash instead of MicroSD card. So most probably you've a
problem with the Debian installation on the MicroSD card, but Qi tries
to boot from there by default.

AUX + power always brings the NOR boot menu, but you need to press and
hold them for some time. Same goes for interacting with Qi, you need
to press the AUX in a right way :)

-Timo