FR && audio subsystem: gsmhandset ... files

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Thu Apr 12 06:24:23 CEST 2012

On 11.04.2012 21:19, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Wednesday, April 11, 2012 a las 08:39:52PM +0200, Simon Busch escribió:
>
>>> 1. How this is done exactly (in SHR) and by which piece of software?
>>
>> It's done by fsodeviced (the router_alsa plugi) or fsoaudiod and is
>> initiated by libphone-ui.
>
> Thanks; I will checkout the sources and have a look into;
>
>>> 2. The SHR GUI while calling (see http://www.unixarea.de/Screenshot-7.png)
>>>    has some sliders for Volume and Mic; and to enable the Speaker or
>>>    mute the Mic... how do they work? Do they change 'gsmhandset' file?
>>
>> No. The SHR UI directly adjusts the mixer settings of the ALSA sound
>> card here. In /etc/phonefsod.conf or /etc/phoneuid.conf is written down
>> which name this control have.
>
> none of the two files in my SHR has any entry which could have todo with
> audio or alsa (which explains somewhat that the sliders have no impact
> during a call); any idea why?
>
> (should we move this thread to shr-devel?)

Sorry I meant ibphoneui.conf. There you will find for the GTA02:

[alsa_control_speaker]
speaker = Headphone Playback Volume
microphone = Mono Playback Volume
microphone_mute = Mono Mixer Sidetone Playback Switch

This are the three controls which libphone-ui will adjust for
speaker/microphone volume and muting the microphone (you will also find
them with alsamixer).

regards,
Simon

--