QtMoko v44

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Apr 12 15:40:45 CEST 2012

Hi,
QtMoko v44 is now available for download [1]. This should be best QtMoko
release for GTA04 and i think i can recommend it for daily use. The GTA04 HW
adaption is now nearly finished.

Changes since v43:

  * using 115200 as initial speed for bluetooth uart
  * qmplayer can now play in fullscreen and pause on incoming call
  * enabled default suspend interval on battery (3 minutes)
  * you can set 1s interval in locked mode
  * usb mac address should be now really fixed
  * detecting cable using vbus sysfs node
  * added logos for sd card and nand boot
  * implemented rebooting to other distro
  * turing on/off bluetooth with rfkill on gta04
  * after boot bluetooth is now turned off on gta04
  * workarounded bug with gps preventing suspend on gta04

The most important thing with this release is fixing suspend. It is now working
perfectly.

By default after boot bluetooth is now turned off, so you will get 25mA suspend
current.

Do not forget to try the multiboot. Just unpack any distro to /distros, press
POWER and select if from and reboot there.

I think you can now finally "just use" the phone. All you have to do should be
to charge it every second day. This was my goal and i think it has been
reached now. Now I plan to spend time on not so important features, like
keyboard, the app shop and freecell port ;-) Don't expect next release in next
few week - i think it's time to slow down.

Btw you can also try 3.3 kernel. You can just:

	apt-get update
	apt-get remove linux-image-3.2-qtmoko-gta04
	apt-get install linux-image-3.3-qtmoko-gta04

and reboot.

In the end i'd like to send special thanks to Neil Brown for his kernel work
and for answering all my questions.

Enjoy the release

Radek

PS: i will try to find time to do also release for GTA02

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/