[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v44

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Apr 12 15:58:36 CEST 2012

Hi Radek,

Am 12.04.2012 um 15:40 schrieb Radek Polak:

> Hi,
> QtMoko v44 is now available for download [1]. This should be best QtMoko
> release for GTA04 and i think i can recommend it for daily use. The GTA04 HW
> adaption is now nearly finished.
>
> Changes since v43:
>
>  * using 115200 as initial speed for bluetooth uart

why that?

All GTA04A4 boards are initialized and tested for 3 MBit and only
a handful of GTA04A3 boards (like yours) have 115200. I think
it is better to ask those to upgrade the default baudrate.

BTW: if anyone runs the hw-validation kernel/hw-test script this upgrade
is done automatically if needed.

>  * qmplayer can now play in fullscreen and pause on incoming call
>  * enabled default suspend interval on battery (3 minutes)
>  * you can set 1s interval in locked mode
>  * usb mac address should be now really fixed
>  * detecting cable using vbus sysfs node
>  * added logos for sd card and nand boot
>  * implemented rebooting to other distro
>  * turing on/off bluetooth with rfkill on gta04
>  * after boot bluetooth is now turned off on gta04
>  * workarounded bug with gps preventing suspend on gta04
>
> The most important thing with this release is fixing suspend. It is now working
> perfectly.
>
> By default after boot bluetooth is now turned off, so you will get 25mA suspend
> current.

That is already quite good. 1200 mAh / 25 mA = 48 hours

> Do not forget to try the multiboot. Just unpack any distro to /distros, press
> POWER and select if from and reboot there.
>
> I think you can now finally "just use" the phone. All you have to do should be
> to charge it every second day. This was my goal and i think it has been
> reached now. Now I plan to spend time on not so important features, like
> keyboard, the app shop and freecell port ;-) Don't expect next release in next

A preliminary version for a universal app shop is here:

http://www.gta04.org/swi/index.php

There is also an experimental JSON download:

http://www.gta04.org/swi/json.php

> few week - i think it's time to slow down.

Yes, your speed is impressive!