Discussion: what are your dreams for the Openmoko Community

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Apr 29 16:17:58 CEST 2012

On Saturday 28 April 2012 09:52:45 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> It has become a little quiet here in the last weeks so that I
> really fear about the spirit and status of this community.
>
> So what are your dreams with respect to open mobile handhelds?
> What would you like as future hardware? What to see in software
> distros? Anything else? What missing piece are you waiting for?

For me most of the dreams became true now. I have open phone which is fast and
stable for daily use - and it's quite nice experience.

I can now boot between SHR, QtMoko and Android. Btw Android is running on
Neil's 3.3 kernel without any additional patches - this is really nice.

QtMoko is really fast on GTA04 - even when running on ARM v4 it's much faster
then e.g. N900. I am looking for how it will work on armhf.

I'd like to have better case and better battery life in suspend.

> Otherwise I guess we have just to consume what Apple, Samsung,
> MS-Nokia and others are confronting us with in the next years.
> May it be open or closed as they like.
>
> Or is this where we see our future? Or am I completely wrong in my
> impression?

Please no - GTA04 is the best, i wish more people would realize this.

Regards

Radek