[qtmoko] flight mode power consumption / turning gsm back on

robin spielraum at web.de
Tue Aug 28 08:54:12 CEST 2012

I have a question regarding the flight mode:

if I turn it on (GTA02 qtmoko v47) the icon is shown on the home screen and
calls are not possible anymore, so this is how I expected it to behave, but
the antenna still seems to be on as I see some bars indicating reception and
the power consumption stays the same as without flight mode. there once was
a paper which looked at different parts of power consumption of the freerunner
and if I remember correctly GSM was one of the major consumers.

Now if I turn flight mode of the GSM apparently cannot connect to the
station anymore and I have to reboot.

robin