[qtmoko] locale follow up

robin spielraum at web.de
Wed Aug 29 10:55:46 CEST 2012

maybe someone can help me with my locale problem

         LANGUAGE = (unset),
         LC_ALL = (unset),
         LANG = "de_DE.UTF-8"

on qtmoko v47 I did the following and this is the output

# apt-get install python-pyasn1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  python-pyasn1
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 31.9 kB of archives.
After this operation, 299 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://cdn.debian.net/debian/ squeeze/main python-pyasn1 all 0.0.11a-1
[31.9 kB]
Fetched 31.9 kB in 0s (82.7 kB/s)
yperl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "de_DE.UTF-8"
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
debconf: delaying package configuration, since apt-utils is not installed
Selecting previously deselected package python-pyasn1.
(Reading database ... 20963 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking python-pyasn1 (from .../python-pyasn1_0.0.11a-1_all.deb) ...
Setting up python-pyasn1 (0.0.11a-1) ...
Processing triggers for python-support ...
# anki
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anki", line 14, in <module>
    import anki, aqt
  File "/usr/share/anki/libanki/anki/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
    raise Exception("Anki requires a UTF-8 locale.")
Exception: Anki requires a UTF-8 locale.
#

on my desktop machine where I do not get any errors from anki I have the
following :

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

any hints? (as mentioned earlier dpkg-reconfigure locale solves this but
then I have huge fonts and apparently gps in neron gps is not working
anymore).

thanks a lot

robin