How to access the modem in QtMoko

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Mon Dec 3 11:48:59 CET 2012

On Monday, December 03, 2012 11:40:56 AM robin wrote:

> hi radek,
>
> thanks for pointing me there. please excuse my ignorance, but I have never
> build/compiled libraries myself beforehand. If my guess is correct after
> building one would have a new library
>
> ./opt/qtmoko/lib/libqtopiaphonemodem.so.4
>
> with the AT commands and new return values integrated.

exactly

> is this easy to do and if so could you or anyone on the list give me a hint
> eg
>
> - clone that part of the githubtree,
> - change the code
> - compile (on the phone directly I guess and if possible as I think I would
> run into many troubles if setting up a whole build-environment)
> - try it out

There is README on github how to compile from sources. It should be quite
easy. Check

	https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/

Compiling on phone is possible, but it takes days, so i think cross compiling
is better for you.

After you are done with compiling, you can change the code and:

	cd build/src/libraries/qtopiaphonemodem
	make
	make install

This will rebuild just the one library and you can scp the result to neo,
restart QtMoko and try...

Regards

Radek