QtMoko: how is long Power key press (=> shutdown/restart menu) handled?
neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 5 13:36:56 CET 2012
On Saturday, December 1, 2012 11:56:37, Neil Jerram wrote:
> Sometimes my GTA04 gets into a state where the long Power key press is
> no longer recognised. I've tried to investigate this, but I can't see
> anything in the codebase that makes a link between a long Power key
> press and showing the shutdown/restart menu. Does anyone know how that
> (This is running QtMoko git HEAD code, with Qt 4.8, so this problem
> might not affect any releases yet.)
> Openmoko community mailing list
> community at lists.openmoko.org
I just discovered a bit more about the state where a long Power key press does not work. My GTA04 was hot in my pocket even though it should have been suspended. I looked at it and connected over SSH and found that:
- it was not suspended
- long Power key press did not work
- top showed qpe constantly using around 95% CPU.
- strace on the qpe PID showed that it was continually reading fd 16, but not getting any data
- /proc showed that fd16 was /dev/ttyHS3, i.e. the modem.
This is all consistent with other recent occasions when I've noticed high CPU usage, or that the modem has stopped working, and I think also with two other UI symptoms:
- scrolling stops being kinetic
- when using the keyboard, the pressed key pops up but doesn't pop down again until I press the next key.
- the recent kernel fix for invalid serial state notifications unfortunately isn't quite right, or isn't a complete fix.
- This is also related to recent reports of faster than expected battery drainage.
More information about the community