QtMoko: how is long Power key press (=> shutdown/restart menu) handled?

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 5 23:36:34 CET 2012

Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> writes:

> On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 01:36:56 PM Neil Jerram wrote:
>
>> My guesses:
>>
>> - the recent kernel fix for invalid serial state notifications
>> unfortunately isn't quite right, or isn't a complete fix.
>
> I saw one modem dissappear even with the kernel fix, so the problem is still
> not completely solved - although it might work now better.

Well I've reviewed the old "Modem crashing?" thread, and in fact
Nikolaus wrote back in February:

> But that has nothing to do with the usb failing/re-enumeration.

(http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2012-February/001643.html)

Therefore I doubt that adopting the serial state kernel fix was a good
reason for removing "AT_OPSYS=0,2", and I think that people who don't
want "AT_OPSYS=0,2" (such as me) might be better advised to keep
installing restart-when-modem-stops-working.patch.  It's probably better
to restart QtMoko, even though that might lose some application state,
than to leave the phone not working and draining lots of power.

Or have I misunderstood some part of this?

BTW, did we ever establish that "AT_OPSYS=0,2" 100% avoids
reenumerations?

Thanks,
        Neil