QtMoko: how is long Power key press (=> shutdown/restart menu) handled?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Dec 6 13:22:06 CET 2012

On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:36:34 PM Neil Jerram wrote:

> Therefore I doubt that adopting the serial state kernel fix was a good
> reason for removing "AT_OPSYS=0,2", and I think that people who don't
> want "AT_OPSYS=0,2" (such as me) might be better advised to keep
> installing restart-when-modem-stops-working.patch.  It's probably better
> to restart QtMoko, even though that might lose some application state,
> than to leave the phone not working and draining lots of power.

The patch is still applied when building the debian package and it looks that
we cant get rid of it yet.

Maybe we could rework it so that it does not touch code in serial port class,
move it completely to gta04 plugin and commit it.

Or we could commit - ugly as it is - in case that reworking is not possible
and if it would help people building from sources.

> Or have I misunderstood some part of this?
>
> BTW, did we ever establish that "AT_OPSYS=0,2" 100% avoids
> reenumerations?

I dont know way how to 100% avoid it.

1/ without AT_OPSYS=0,2 i could make the reenumeration happen always.

2/ with AT_OPSYS=0,2 it happened very rarely.

3/ with kernel patch + 3G enabled it happened just once in last 3 weeks or so.

Btw in latest release when the reenumeration happens, it's logged to

	/modem_reenumerate.log

Could people who use GTA04 as phone report contents of the file? This could
help us better to monitor the situation.

Regards

Radek