is my GTA02 getting old?

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 21:48:25 CET 2012

On Monday 10 December 2012 00:59:16 francesco.devita at mailoo.org wrote:
> Add to this some strange GSM/modem behaviour: whenever I get low GSM
> signal for certain time, I have to restart the Neo because I loose the
> phone functionalities (cannot send/receive calls and messages),

My guess would be the battery getting old. One person on the list (Michael
from Harhan) found that  one part of the GSM chipset needs a higher voltage
than the rest of the system. That explains the phone functionality dropping
while the rest of the phone works as it should.

I can imagine an older battery having troubles supplying enough current at
high enough voltage. My point is moot of course if you have just swapped your
battery for a new one ;-)

Best regards,

Boudewijn