is my GTA02 getting old?

Ed Kapitein ed at kapitein.org
Mon Dec 10 23:52:56 CET 2012

On 12/10/12 21:48, Boudewijn wrote:

> On Monday 10 December 2012 00:59:16 francesco.devita at mailoo.org wrote:
>
> > Add to this some strange GSM/modem behaviour: whenever I get low GSM
>
> > signal for certain time, I have to restart the Neo because I loose the
>
> > phone functionalities (cannot send/receive calls and messages),
>

> My guess would be the battery getting old. One person on the list
> (Michael from Harhan) found that one part of the GSM chipset needs a
> higher voltage than the rest of the system. That explains the phone
> functionality dropping while the rest of the phone works as it should.
>

> I can imagine an older battery having troubles supplying enough
> current at high enough voltage. My point is moot of course if you have
> just swapped your battery for a new one ;-)

Are the batteries with the coulomb counter for the GTA02, still
produced, or are they  of the same age as the original FR's?
If so, they must be near the end of their shelf life, is a compatible
battery (with a coulomb counter) available?
I have one battery that is very dead an two that are getting old and
have to be recharged more often.

Kind regards,
Ed