f2fs on GTA02

Phil Vandry vandry at TZoNE.ORG
Tue Dec 11 19:47:18 CET 2012

On 2012-12-11 13:40, Peter Viskup wrote:
> would be great to see how it performs. I would like to ask you to
> publish outcomes of your performance tests on the openmoko wiki [1] or
> here on the list. I found UBIFS an great filesystem for the OpenMoko

Hi Peter,

Please note that UBIFS, like jffs2, is a filesystem designed to be used
with flash that you have direct access to (MTD devices). It can be used
on the Freerunner's internal NAND flash. What I'm talking about here is
f2fs, a filesystem designed to be used on a block device. In that sense
it is like ext4 and most other well known filesystems, not like UBIFS.
It can be used on the Freerunner's µSD card.

I will of course report my experience with f2fs once I try it out.

-v