Kernel panic on Freerunner QtMoko boot

Harry Prevor habstinat at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 01:39:00 CET 2012

On 12/5/12, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:20:55 PM Harry Prevor wrote:
>
>>> You can find and revert the qi commit here:
>>>
>>>      https://github.com/radekp/qi
>>
>> I'm not sure what you mean by this so I didn't do it. Do I really need
>> to make changes to Qi just to create a current jffs2 QtMoko image?
>
> Yes you really have to rebuild Qi, the ubifs command line is hardcoded there
> and you need to change it to jffs2 command line.

Why is it that I can already boot, for example, Hackable1, which uses
jffs2, with my current version of Qi, but I can't boot a jffs2 QtMoko
without making changes to Qi then? What is the difference between
Hackable1's jffs2 and QtMoko's jffs2?

Also, installing QtMoko to microSD would theoretically fix all of this, right?

--
Harry Prevor