GTA02 power death

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 07:38:56 CET 2012

Dmitry Shalnoff <shalnoff at gmail.com> writes:
> here is HiRes picture of the patient
> http://www.shalnoff.com/pics/freerunner_pcb.JPG
> You easily find it by burning fume around it :)

Hi. I think that's the same that happened with another device i did
bass rework for. The large shield is too easy to tilt a bit and it can
touch the big capacitors shorting something to ground.

Nice pals at work helped me to desolder that inductor (with hot air
gun) and they found another that was similar enough (see the PMU
datasheet), and that revived the device.

You can find BOM, component placement etc at
http://people.openmoko.org/joerg/schematics/GTA02/

Good luck!
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com