GTA02 power death

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Sun Dec 23 08:13:12 CET 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 10:38:56AM +0400, Paul Fertser wrote:
> Dmitry Shalnoff <shalnoff at> writes:
> > here is HiRes picture of the patient
> >
> > You easily find it by burning fume around it :)
> found another that was similar enough

I found some IRC log and it looks like the inductor you need should be
rated for >= 2MHz and >= 500mA current. But i'm not sure about the
details, that was so long ago. I just remember that they found
something that was physically smaller and of similar specs.

Desoldering with hot air requires expertise, i wouldn't probably
attempt it myself even now: if you shake the board accidentally,
you'll shake off other components too.

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at