QtMoko v38 for GTA02

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 3 17:46:53 CET 2012

Hi,
qtmoko v38  for Freerunner is now available for download from here [1]. For
more information about qtmoko please visit our homepage[2].

Changes from previous version:

  * fixed launching apps with arguments from .desktop files
  * cleaned up debian packages (Gilles Filippini)
  * fixed many compile warnings (Gilles Filippini)
  * alsa state files are now part of qtmoko.deb (Gilles Filippini)
  * using /sbin/wpa_supplicant now (Gilles Filippini)
  * ship logread in qtmoko.deb (Gilles Filippini)
  * mokofaen theme (Joif)
  * fixed mokofaen build segfault (Gilles Filippini)
  * updated doc with missing packages (Tiago Bortoletto Vaz)

Most of the changes since v37 were GTA04 hw adapation. But qtmoko is now much
better packaged and package name has changed slightly (qtmoko-neo_38-1) [3].
This probably means that if you want to upgrade from previous version you have
to remove old qtmoko package and install qtmoko-neo, but i havent tested it.

One thing that i forgot is to increase kernel version - uname will report v34,
but since there were no changes since v34 it's IMO not worth to rebuild the
images and kernel package again. Maybe we should use lindi's 2.6.39 kernel for
any newer versions. Has anyone tried it?

Regards

Radek

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/
[2] http://qtmoko.org