need a (even broken) plastic case of a FR

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Feb 24 13:13:19 CET 2012

El día Friday, February 24, 2012 a las 12:16:00PM +0100, Christoph Pulster escribió:

> Hi,
>
> please note that David from Tuxbrain already manufactored custom cases
> for the Freerunner. They fit perfectly, are made from leather and are
> great quality. Also some specials like stylus holder, magnetic closing
> clip are added. Here is a picture:
> http://www.pulster.de/info/openmoko/zubehoer/tasche/openmoko-deluxe-
> case-3.jpg

Hi,

I bought one of these ex-Tuxbrain cases. It fits really nice and is of
the best quality compared with other stuff I have seen in the market;

it has two problems, though:

the belt clip is nonsense; it does not fit in belts and you can very
easy loose your beloved FR+case :-(
It can be removed easy, and I went here to a leather worker and he
attached a loop for a belt; I could put a picture on my server if there
is some interest; it took me, of course, 20 euro in addition, but this
money is good invested, already due to the fact that the Euro tomorrow is
only just another piece of metall :-)

Second problem, the leather should be more strong, especially in the
rounded corners; after using it 3 months in daily business and travel it
shows already some cracks which I don't know at the moment how to deal
with;

> Tuxbrain quit Openmoko business, so I am happy to have still stocks of
> these cases, price 49 eur, ready to order at pulster.eu
>
> Dear remaining OM community, please dont worry about future of Openmoko,

yes, I do not worry, but please do not use the words "Dear remaining OM
community"; it sounds like in church when someone passed away :-)

Thanks for all your long term support, Christoph!

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
e <guru at unixarea.de> - w http://www.unixarea.de/