Cant get gpsd to work

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 10 08:57:54 CET 2012

On Monday 09 January 2012 17:27:56 David Matthews wrote:

> Incidentally - I wonder what the AGPS and GPS standby scripts are for?

AGPS scripts are automatically called by qtmoko's gps system.

Dump is called when GPS has fix and saves some data to
/var/something_with_gps_in_name.

Restore is called when some app requests gps - it uses the data above to
speedup getting fix (IIRC i could get fix in like 10s with the agps data).

I dont know if standby is currently used - but Freerunner's GPS has ability to
enter some low power sleep mode and after waking up it can get fast fix again.

Maybe you can find some more accurate info here:

	https://github.com/radekp/gta02-agps

Regards

Radek