[qtMoko] How Contact selection UI is filled

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 17:05:40 CET 2012

I still not know precisely what code is running when I select
recipients of a SMS. But I found many codes doing similar things, but
differently.

QContactSelector (in src/libraries/qtopiapim/qcontactview.cpp) allow
to select a single contact (I think) but return a QContact reference.
The caller is then responsible of picking the right info and
requesting a new selection from the user if the selected contact has
many possible info (see src/server/phone/dialer/touch/dialer.cpp).
This seems quite a good design.

I also found AddressSelectorWidget (in
src/libraries/qtopiamail/addressselectorwidget.cpp). It allows to
select many recipients. But, by design, it does not allow to select
the phone number of a contact when this contact has many phone
numbers. The info used are only the defaultPhone or defaultEmail. This
selector is interesting as it allow to select many contacts and offers
a "Find" feature.

What's the right way to fix the issue? I imagine the best one is to
merge these selectors. But I'm really too new to qtMoko's hacking to
decide the way to merge these codes.
Any suggestion is welcome.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE