Installing v35

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 31 08:07:57 CET 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 05:39:59 Liz wrote:

> I tried flashing the NAND with a few other bootloaders.
> What I have now is that pushing the Power key gives me NOR boot.

First i think you are mixing POWER and AUX button:

POWER = the circle button near the USB connector
AUX = the rectangular button on the same side as headphones jack

and you are mixing NOR and NAND:

NOR = the readonly memory with original uboot
NAND = writable memory with your kernel+rootfs+bootloader

I think you should first enter NOR boot: hold AUX then press POWER. You will
see uboot menu.

Now plug USB cable and flash to NAND kernel+rootfs+bootloader:

dfu-util -a kernel -R -D uImage-v35.bin
dfu-util -a rootfs -R -D qtmoko-debian-v35.ubi
dfu-util -a u-boot -R -D qi-v35.udfu

Power off the phone and remove your SD card. Now just shortly press POWER. The
phone will blink with LED and vibrate (this is done by qi bootloader) and
should start booting.

> I can boot an old Om2008 I've got here
> but after that I lost touchscreen input again
> Original QT was working last night - but I don't have a copy of that
> kernel and image any more.

I think you can forget about booting old kernels and using NOR bootloader.
They are bugged.

> NOR boot can only boot off SD card if FAT + ext2
> and so it can't read the debian on ext3 that I made.

Qi bootloader can boot from SD card with ext3 partition. You just need to
unpack the qtmoko release tarball on SD card.

> What options do I have to get qtmoko working?

You can have qtmoko on SD card or on NAND. For bootloader you must use NAND
bootloader which is activated *just with POWER button*. You can use qi
(recommended) or some uboot from gena2x - you have to search a bit for it.

Good luck

Radek