Installing v35

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jan 31 11:25:49 CET 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 21:06:10 +1100
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:58:00 +0100
> Korbinian Rosenegger <kroseneg at schmidham.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > On Tue, 2012-01-31 at 18:45 +1100, Liz wrote:
> > > Sadly, I don't have Power and Aux buttons confused.
> > > I don't have access to NAND from the Power button.
> > > Both boot methods start the NOR bootloader.
> >
> > If you can't start the NAND bootloader and your Freerunner starts
> > the NOR bootloader everytime, it may be possible that your AUX
> > button got stuck somehow. A friend had the same problem with his
> > brand new Freerunner. He was able to fix the problem himself, but
> > he needed to replace (or resolder, don't remember) the AUX button.
> > Are you able to cycle through the menu items in the bootloader by
> > pressing AUX? If you can your AUX button is working.
> >
> > Korbi
> >

> Yes I can cycle through the menu on Aux.
> Thanks for the idea, though

In fact I am now back where I was 12 hours ago, with the Power button
just making a red flash on the Aux button and then locking up the
system with a blank screen. I have to remove the battery to reset (a
capacitor?) and then it can boot off the Aux button or applying a power
source to the USB connector.