Installing v35

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jan 31 20:55:03 CET 2012

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:35:43 +0100
Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl> wrote:

> >  one has v35 on it from those downloads and exact same commands.
> If that is true, this would mean that definitely something is wrong
> with the device, not the flashing procedure itself. Are you sure that
> both FR are the same revision (A4,A5,A6, buzz-fixed or not)?

One is mine, and the buggy one my son's. They were bought at the same
time. Neither has buzz-fix, they have the same date code on the
internal sticker and the same date on the NOR boot screen.

> [cut]
> > Does anyone have any ideas about a failed NAND
> [cut]
> That is what I was about to ask. How many time did you (and all
> previous users) flashed internal NAND? AFAIR it doesn't have many
> write cycles guaranteed by producent, however [1] says different.
>
> [1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/NAND_bad_blocks
Each would have had the NAND flashed between 10 and 20 times. I see
the wiki suggests it should have lasted longer.