[Gta04-owner] New Phoronix article on Gta04
psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Jul 4 10:52:33 CEST 2012
On Wednesday, July 04, 2012 05:06:30 AM Alishams Hassam wrote:
> Maybe we can put up a 'feature list' of good points that reporters
> like him can use when writing articles on the GTA04. Please add them
> TA04 or reply to this thread and I will add them to the page at the end of
> the week.
I think this is nice idea, but i am afraid noone will find this page.
Nicolaus: can we have link straight on gta04.org?
I think having good reasons listed somewhere visible is needed, because on
mailing lists are discussed mainly problems.
> To get the ball rolling I have:
> * Run qtmoko, SHR, Debian fully supported
> * Made in Germany under proper working conditions.
Here are mine:
* no online accounts and registration required
* offline gps navigation and dictionaries
* all applications are free and open source
* fast processor and big RAM is not needed - we have fast non bloated software
* long term support - freerunner is after 4 years still actively supported
* gta04 kernel is exceptionally good - most of drivers are in mainline kernel
and gta04 kernels are updated with every linux release
More information about the community