[Gta04-owner] Status OpenPhoneux / GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Jul 5 10:17:45 CEST 2012

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:

> The good answer is that as soon as we decide to continue,
> it takes less than 4 weeks to produce, test and ship all missing
> boards. They have planned that it works even if holiday season
> is coming. And our shipment plan is by sequence of order. So
> if you did order early, it is even a little closer.

Just a thought...

If there are any Group Tour participants who are planning on developing
stuff with/for QtMoko, and are feeling frustrated because of not yet
having a physical GTA04 in their hands, then:

-  I would encourage you to get going anyway with cloning the
   repository, setting up the tool chain, becoming familiar with the
   codebase, and trying and building some changes.

-  I undertake to test any patches that anyone may want to send me and to
   provide feedback on them.

In other words, it's still possible to do development but with a remote
GTA04.  Then when the Group Tour orders arrive, we'll be that much
further forward.

Regards,
        Neil