[Wikireader] updates not working?

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Fri Jul 6 00:28:32 CEST 2012

On 07/05/2012 02:06 PM, Alexander Lehner wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Jul 2012, Doug Jones wrote:
>
>> I see there are some new Wikireader updates available:
>>
>> http://dev.thewikireader.com/language-packs/
>>
>> But I can't download them -- the tracker times out.
>>
>> Anybody else having this problem?
>
> yes, me. Tried it with the german depedia and using azureus/vuze as
> torrent client.
> There seem to be no sources.
>
> A.

Looks like Openmoko is using the Amazon cloud to host these files.  The
tracker is at http://tracker.amazonaws.com:6969/announce and it times
out when you talk to it.

Developers have accessed these files recently;  Siebrand Mazeland and
Christopher Hall have done github updates within the last couple weeks,
and there's a base files update on the download page dated 20 June.  So
this must be a recent problem.