[Wikireader] updates not working?

Doug Jones dj6mf at frombob.to
Sat Jul 7 19:46:15 CEST 2012

On 07/07/2012 06:27 AM, Alexander Lehner wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Jul 2012, Doug Jones wrote:
>
>> I can see the tracker now. Thanks to whoever fixed it.
>>
>> I am seeding a bunch of these files now.
>
> Partiall - enpedia works, but depedia for example not.
>
> Alex.

Alex,

You may have just noticed that you have downloaded a few megabytes of
that depedia file through azureus.  That's because I just seeded a small
part of this file.

I used the trick mentioned earlier in this thread.  I trimmed the
?torrent off of the end of the URL and started downloading the entire
file through Firefox.  After a few megabytes I paused the download,
copied the partial file into the download folder used by my bittorrent
client, and told it to torrent that file.  It contacted the tracker at
amazon, which is indeed working, and the tracker found one peer (you),
and sent you those megabytes.

So the amazon tracker is working.  And the file is indeed present on the
amazon server.  But the amazon tracker isn't using the amazon server as
a seeder!

So something is still wrong.