Open GSM firmware - OsmocomBB supports Neo FreeRunner

Martix at
Tue Jul 10 13:14:21 CEST 2012

There is some GTA02 support in OsmocomBB project. You can flash open
source firmware for TI Calypso GSM modem.

Did anybody tried this firmware on his Neo FreeRunner? What's your
experience? Is it usable with SHR or Qt Moko like old proprietary
firmware? Calls, SMS, GPRS, SIM load/store (contacts, SMSs) works? How
many successfully flashed devices are here? And how many bricks? ;-)

I know about OsmocomBB from beginning, but Openmoko smartphones support
wasn't priority for them. I'm glad to see some progress on GTA02.

Did leaked documentation and proprietary firmware source codes helped

Best Regards,