Fwd: Re: Open GSM firmware - OsmocomBB supports Neo FreeRunner

Martix martix.cz at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:18:19 CEST 2012

Useful informations for these not subscribed to
baseband-devel at lists.osmocom.org:

-------- Pu*vodní zpráva --------
Pr(edme(t: 	Re: Open GSM firmware - OsmocomBB supports Neo FreeRunner
Datum: 	Tue, 10 Jul 2012 13:50:54 +0200
Od: 	Pierre Pronchery <khorben at defora.org>
Komu: 	baseband-devel at lists.osmocom.org

			Hi,

On 10/07/2012 13:14, Martix wrote:

> There is some GTA02 support in OsmocomBB project. You can flash open
> source firmware for TI Calypso GSM modem.
> http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/OpenMoko
>
> Did anybody tried this firmware on his Neo FreeRunner? What's your
> experience? Is it usable with SHR or Qt Moko like old proprietary
> firmware? Calls, SMS, GPRS, SIM load/store (contacts, SMSs) works? How
> many successfully flashed devices are here? And how many bricks? ;-)

I think there's already been a thread recently about this; please check
the archives.

> I know about OsmocomBB from beginning, but Openmoko smartphones support
> wasn't priority for them. I'm glad to see some progress on GTA02.

It's neither SHR or QtMoko, but I have begun to write some code to
integrate OsmocomBB with my own telephony implementation (called
"DeforaOS Phone") for the Openmoko Freerunner. It is very, very early
work and therefore far from being functional yet, but for the record,
you can find it here:
http://www.defora.org/os/project/browse/3343?file=/src/modems/osmocom.c,v&revision=1.2

Previous versions of the DeforaOS environment are already packaged for
the hackable:1 distribution, and released within the "dse" series. For
more information on how to install and test this:
http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/wiki/DeforaOSSmartphone
http://trac.hackable1.org/trac/wiki/AvailableVersions/dse2
http://www.defora.org/os/wiki/3438/DeforaOS-Smartphone

HTH,