Money makes the world go round? Yes: new paid developer program for OpenPhoenux/Goldelico

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jul 10 23:44:18 CEST 2012

On Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:53:40 +0200 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Tuesday, July 10, 2012 01:14:26 PM Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>
> > The idea is that there is a mailing list where we (the project
> > leading team) propose subtasks needing development
> > (e.g. camera driver, bug fixing etc.) and interested
> > developers can also make proposals what they could offer.
>
> I can donate money for project that makes GTA04 spend less mA in suspend. It
> would be nice if we could get where Freerunner is now, it would be great to
> consume even less.
>
> My offer is 50EUR for getting GTA04 to consume below 15 mA in suspend, 100EUR
> for going below 10mA.

If anyone want to look into this, the place to start is 'off_mode'.
   /sys/kernel/debug/enable_off_mode

I think I've tried enabling that before and something didn't work - don't
remember the details.

Then you need to be sure that the 'off_mode' signalling between CPU and PMIC
(the twl4030) is working.  There is a output pin on the OMAP which
indicates when it is in off_mode (sys_off_mode), and an input pin on the
PMIC which handles that signal. When I last looked into this, I concluded that
the default polarity of the two pins were different, or maybe one was
edge-triggered and the other was level based.  Or something.  But I might
have been wrong.

Then you need to set up some power-management scripts in the twl4030 to turn
regulators off when in off-mode, and back on again for resume.

NeilBrown