About the future of the freesmartphone.org middleware

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Sun Jul 22 11:42:54 CEST 2012

Am 21.07.2012 21:44, schrieb Thamos:
> Hi all.
> I've never seen someone using the conference-feature. I think selecting
> the provider is more important. (this one really annoys me, since i am
> near an border and simply can't phone until i get out auf alien range,
> if the phone switched one time, even reboot doesn't help...). I also
> miss the possibility to choose loudness of the ringtone reasonably. Most
> other phones are even able to choose a ringtone based of the caller!

Ok, this are two things. The first one regarding switching a different
provider should be already possible with the
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network API. Just take a look at the API
documentation at [0].

You have to differentiate here. FSO efforts are not about the user
experience on the UI side. It's just a middleware enables you to
implement such things like loudness handling of the ringtone in your
user experience. If you are talking about SHR in detail here just
request your feature to the SHR developers.

regards,
Simon

[0]:
http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=specs.git;a=blob_plain;f=html/org.freesmartphone.GSM.Network.html;hb=HEAD#RegisterWithProvider